Muslim dating   FREE Sign up   Sign in   Search   Blog / Forum   Help / Faq  

Home > Muslim Forums > marriage > Which one do you choose? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Which one do you choose?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 22, 2006 10:53

Bismillah,
Volume 7, Book 62, Number 27: (Bukhari)
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "A woman is married for four things, i.e., her wealth, her family status, her beauty and her religion. So you should marry the religious woman otherwise you will be a losers.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Aug 27, 2006 04:19

i agree with sister fatimah...my farther in law has done the haj..twice my husband prays 5 times a day..yet still they think that it is OK to other ppl's daughters as a way to get entry in the other country...they think that it is their right...so what can a sister do if she is stuck in a situation like this...always being accused for things they didn't do always being told that their mother n brothers are no good...so how Islamic are these ppl despite being labeled as hajis?....how then do one go around and get a descent spouse for their son or daughter

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Aug 26, 2006 03:30

How does one ascertain the deen of a person before marriage? Is deen determined just by the fact that the person prays five times a day, or that a muslimah wears the hijab? I know of people who pray and even go to the mosque on fridays but when they travel, they go to night clubs/discos and the muslimahs take off their scarves. How can we know if the person who proposes to you is the one Allah has chosen for you?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Aug 22, 2006 07:06

MECCAN_BEAUTY write:
a smart man will look for religeon and a heart first! then the beauty..... one that is only looking for looks will end up miserable inthe end whene they are old ugly and dont believe in god!

well thats what i think :)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Aug 19, 2006 12:52

Yeah its truits true..I cud see tat many guys wud prefer looks e..I cud see tat many guys wud prefer looks over religion nowadays.But in reality the beauty lies within not outside..Bear in mind guys..no matter how beautiful the girls r,they will b old one day coz beauty doesnt last but the faith in Allah shall last till death..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Aug 14, 2006 20:29

As salaamu alaikum
I married for deen alhamdulilah. The first marriage mashallah is strong and we help each other. The second marriage was based on deen for me but not for her, as a result we are no longer married walhamdulilah. My point here sisters is that deen is the choice for men and women. Personaly I don't see anything wrong with finding someone with deen and looks that you don't mind waking up to. Why? Everyone has rights that must be given.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Aug 04, 2006 20:50

a smart man will look for religeon and a heart first! then the beauty..... one that is only looking for looks will end up miserable inthe end whene they are old ugly and dont believe in god!

well thats what i think :)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jul 26, 2006 12:08

asalam to all sisters and brothers,
i agree with jane the most of men look for the beauty i m so sorry it s like this.we will be judjed according to aur hearts.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 02, 2006 23:12

i do agree with sis haleemah

i think only a man who has iman would choose a woman who has iman than beauty.......a man who choose with the heart n health brain..........not only with eyes..........

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Apr 26, 2006 07:54

I so agree with Sis Jane.

Men marry women over beauty much faster then religion. But as one wise man once said... Beauty fades away but Iman is forever. So if a man marries for beauty and his wife isn't strong in her deen he would then be part of the losers. If he marries for wealth and she loses her wealth- he would then be amongst the losers. But if a man marries a woman for her deen- he will not be amongst the loser because She would then help him become even more stronger in his own deen.

To bad men today don't think like this.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Apr 21, 2006 01:06

yes i agree that a man should choose a religious woman for mariage but could men do that??i think most of them like to choose beautiful woman for mariage.......

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Apr 04, 2006 19:08

Yes, I agree that religion is key to success in any relationship. It is my understanding that Allah(SWT) does not judge you according to your wealth or appearance, but he looks into the beliefs of your heart as well as what your deeds are.