Muslim dating   FREE Sign up   Sign in   Search   Blog / Forum   Help / Faq  

Home > Muslim Forums > marriage > What happend to polegeny in the west? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
What happend to polegeny in the west?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Nov 09, 2005 20:29

Salamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu.

I am a Asian brother, who follows the Quran and sunnah according to Salafiyyah, hence you could say...Salafi Muslim. (Alhamdulillah) from London, England. I am 25, married to a lovely REVERT muslimah for 8 years now and we have a daughter of 7. I am striving to follow the way of the Rasool (saws) and find that MUSLIM brothers and sister shun the idea of a man having more than one wife! We should be setting an example to the world of how a "MAN" can look after more than one woman and take on more responsibility "Genuinely" without cheating or hurting anyone.
Why is culture still taking over Islam in the 21st century? Why are single mothers left with kids to survive on their own? Why are divorced woman still looking for husband? ...When infact the muslim MAN is suppose to seek her and marry her. Maybe its the west with its media! It has brainwashed the muslims in to thinking like them.
Alhamdulillah My wife and family don't think as such. My Grandad had 3 wives, who lived happily with each other for decades. (lucky us! we had 3 lovely and caring Grandmothers and loads of uncles and aunts, Wallah I don't know how many but there are lots of them lol!)
My father has 2 wives and is happy. My wife and I are looking out for a nice Sister who would not mind joining our family as my second Queen, insha Allah.

you agree with me or not, please let me know your views as to should we muslims wake up and start to follow the sunnah of the prophets (Anbiyah) or stick to ONE MAN, ONE WOMAN concept of the west?

Forgive me if I said anything wrong, and pray Allah sends a nice and caring muslimah this way so I too will leave a football team behind, insha Allah.

May Allah Reward you all. Ameen.
Wa As Salaam

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Aug 29, 2007 01:16

May Allah reward you much. There are not too many women like you nowadays. I know. I am looking for an additional wife now.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 12, 2006 00:42

Salam to brothers & sisters
Yes, polygamy is halal in Islam.
I do agree that in marrying more than one, can help those women in need of protection. Eg like those who became single mothers by death of their husbands or any single women who are treated differently by society for being single. Hopefully, the man who plan to get another wife or two can gives equal loves and carings to all his wives and children. Let the marriage be built on the right path in the teaching of Islam and not because of lust. For the present wife or the 2nd wife to be, they need to understand and respect each other and not to be jealous of each other.
Forgive me if I offended anyone, just voicing out my opinions. May Allah guides us.
Wassalam.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 06, 2006 09:12

As Salamualaikum,

I agree that it is deen to marry more
than one wife but it always amazes me how some I won't say all, brothers forget the part about "one is best"
I think if we could perfect that part of the deen we would have less divorces
amongst the ummah.

If I have said anything wrong or offended anyone may Allah forgive me.
Peace,Imani

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jan 16, 2006 12:17

Selamu alaikum

Bismilahi Rrahmani Rrahim
Dear sister Sena 2000 I would like to remind you that what you disapprove off(marring more thane one woman)is deen, it's our faith and it is not us which make lows but it is God Almighty, and it is the Almighty who revealed the Quran to the prophet salallahu alejhi ue selam. We all know that in the Quran it is said that a man can marry up to 4 women, but of course he should treat them equally etc.

It's a well known fact that there more women in the world than man, so who is going to marry those women?

May Allah guide us all in the right path!
Amin

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jan 09, 2006 21:11

i do not approve of your thoughts at all!!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 08, 2006 19:09

As-salaamu aliakum My Dear respected sisters and Brothers in Islam. May I assure you the practice of having more than one wife here in the good old U.S.ofA is alive and well.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Nov 12, 2005 08:40

I agree with you brother. I have found Muslim brother trying to shun this topic for fear of being misunderstood. I have read extensively about this subject and I have found that most Muslimah living in the west are trapped in this Western view that only degrades them even more instead of elevating them. May Allah come to the help of our ummah...