Muslim dating   FREE Sign up   Sign in   Search   Blog / Forum   Help / Faq  

Home > Muslim Forums > marriage > Marrying a Non-Muslim Woman? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Marrying a Non-Muslim Woman?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jun 14, 2007 06:45

My friend has a dilemma, I hope I get a good advice for him.

He has fallen for a non muslim (Christian) girl and they are both madly in love with each other. However as he is practising brother and does want to go against the teaching of Islam, he wants to lawfully have a relatioship with her with the hope that she will later convert to Islam.

My question is, can he perform Nikah with her to have physical relationship even if she does not become Muslim later. His intentions are purely to avoid Zina, a major sin in Islam.

Please advise what is the correct way for them to get togather or is it a bad idea altogather.

Thanks for your reply.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jul 17, 2009 02:55

In the quran it do.s not say you can not marry a Christian women but it do's warn you that you are best to marry a women from same faith Whenever Ibn Umar was asked about marrying a Christian lady or a Jew he would say god has made it unlawful for the believers to marry ladies who ascribe partners in worship to Allah, and I do not know of a greater thing, as regards to ascribing partners in worship, etc. to Allah, than that a lady should say that Jesus is her Lord although he is just one of Allah's slaves." Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 63, But if the niyat or attention of the brother is to convert her to islam then he can Mary her and you are in love and love is something a human has not much control of so as long as you try to convert her to islam then i don't see any thing wrong with marriage i have seen a few Muslim Christan marriages in th UK and the Christin lady has not changed her old ways still drinks and lives her old ways and the man just learns to live with it surly this is what the qurans warns his believers about a good believing women will take you heaven a non believing women can take you straight to hell But allah knows best my advice to you is talk to her and explain to her about islam and then marry her i hope everything go's ok for you and may allah help you And you need to think about your kids if your women still lives her old ways what will happen about your kids you will be at work and your kids will be eating haram and dating all becouse your women thinks it is normal so have a good think about it before you make a move becouse you cant just think about your self you got to think about the long run and your kids but am not saying it wont work it might work becose at the same time i have seen good cristian converts

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 09, 2009 07:51

hi
how are you
i hope you are ok
my name is imran i want good friendship with you if you do not mind

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Oct 14, 2008 10:08

Dear brothers and sister assalamu alaikum to every body..

first of all let me clear about Christianity that todays Christianity is
not the real christian people of course there are but very few. after Jesus christ peace be up on him their was a man who changed the christianity by changing the bible this is the reason. A muslim man can marry a jew , christian surely but it should be a real christian believing only one god and accepting jesus pbuh as a messenger not as a son of the god.
secondly about having physical realtionship with that girl is zina before marriage. if she is a true believer they you can marry her and start your family.
all the best

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 31, 2008 01:54

Since she is a Christian, it is halal for him to marry her. But he must repent for his actions in starting a non-halal relationship with her in the first place. He should spell things out very clearly to her that his children WILL and MUST be raised as Muslims.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jan 09, 2008 19:36

salaam.my dear brother Asalamoalaikum i understand that the brother is in a dilemma but i genuinely believe that even the brother in question knows that it's a bad idea altogether to date this girl as he is already committing one form of zina.

the brother wants to lawfully have a (halaal) relationship with her with the HOPE that she will later revert to islam.

I apologise if i offend you brother Asalamoalaikum but it would seem as though the brother is only interested in having a nikah to fulfill his sexual desires and is not that concerned whether the girl in question reverts to islam or not.you would think the brother would want his future wife to revert first.

the brother needs to start thinking with his head and not his heart.

one question the brother needs to think about carefully is "am i trying to revert the sister forcibly for the wrong reasons? as this could backfire a bit further down the line.secondly has the brother given it any thought that a few minutes of intimacy may lead to the girl getting pregnant and she may not revert to islam.

in my humble opinion it is a bad idea altogether,i pray that Insha'Allah the brother makes the right decision.for the brother to even be worried about the prospect of committing zina and the unease at which he clearly shows himself to be,it would seem he has good intentions but is slightly confused which is totally understandable.

my dear brother Asalamoalaikum please make dua'a for the brother too and if the brother is in any doubt then ask him to go speak with an alim.

take care, Allah hafiz

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jul 23, 2007 22:57

If I was you, I would tell your friend to stay very far away from American non-muslim women. They are bad news. Not because they want to be; but because it is in their upbringing.

Why do you think a lot of white men are marrying Asian women? Because they do not like the quality of American women. Look around and see how many white men are married to an Asian women. Look on TV and in the Movies and you will see a white man with an Asian woman.

An don't forget the 50+% of divorces in American. One of the highest divorce rates in the World.

I cannot wish your friend luck because I believe he will need more than luck to make that marriage last.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jul 18, 2007 20:06

salam alikum, brother

i think he should make things clear before marriage..likes, disliks, future family rules otherwise after marriage they gonna be in a trouble & love, unfortunately, will be dissappeared.He is muslim guy, he has absolutely different values about families, friends, work, money than christin woman who is from absolutely differnt society with different family values. They must talk to make things clear not to face talaq lately..hope i could help with advise..& ask him to pray Istikhara, thats very very important

JazakAllah Kheyir

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jul 07, 2007 17:04

salam,

would you give more importance to your love to that lady than Allah? If you love Allah then love those who love Allah.

Muhammad[sa] said choose the one not for her beauty, family, money but for her religiousness.

Who could be the greater Teacher thatn Allah and Rasul[sa]?

HOW CAN YOU MARRY ONE WHO DOES NOT LOVE ALLAH?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jun 14, 2007 16:40

AOA brother,

your friend dont seem to me to be an honest muslim, im no schloar but i certanly can say that this is what alot of asians get up to coz they think that white girls can please them in bed then what a good muslim wife wont be able to do.

theres that saying about what the holy prophet said when choosing a wife for ones self..

dont choose a wife because of her staues because you will incur nothing, or her beauty because you would have zillat but choose one who has knowledge of the deen coz she would be the one who would be there by your side n raise your kids up right.

one cannot enforce islam or any religioun on anyone, it seems to me that your friends only interest is sex, nothing to do with islam or jinah...if it was then he wouldnt be in the place he is now.