Muslim dating   FREE Sign up   Sign in   Search   Blog / Forum   Help / Faq  

Home > Muslim Forums > Entertainment and Hobbies > Swimsuit for Muslimah Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Swimsuit for Muslimah
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 16, 2004 20:10

ASSALAMUALAIKUM!I'M ASHIDA FROM MALAYSIA.I LIKE MUSIC BUT NOT HARD-ROCK MUSIC.I LIKE NASYID.NASYID IS THE SONG THAT PRAISE ALLAH OR ASK PEOPLE TO AVOID FROM DOING CRIME AND MANY MORE.ADVICE PEOPLE HOW TO SPEND THEIR TIME IN A GOOD WAY.SOMETIMES WE CAN KNOW ISLAM HISTORY BY LISTENING TO NASYID.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Apr 20, 2008 18:57

I thought this was a place for progressive Muslims/Muslimas?

My body is not a sin. I am not going to NOT enjoy swimming & the ocean because some men may be tempted by the sight of my figure. That is THERE mentality and THERE responsibility to come to grips with seeing women as human beings not slabs of meat.

I see Muslimas sitting on beaches covered in the heat and there fathers in barely anything and it astounds me the double standards.

You want to swim? You want to travel alone? You want to listen to progressive jazz music? Something tells me Allah will not condemn me to hell for exploring life. He would condemn me for condemning others and living my life for others and not from my soul.

No disrespect intended, just one woman's perspective on this thing we call life...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Aug 19, 2007 01:03

Assalamu Alaikum,

Try a google search for splash gear. I don't personally own any of their swimwear but their site looks interesting. I pieced together my own Islamic bathing suit. It works well for me. I can swim laps, which is important to me, and I also received my life guard certification last year.

I took my kids to Cocoa Beach on vacation this summer and it was great (my older two loved boogie boarding). I love the water and will encourage my children to be as active as possible, while still being modest.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Apr 01, 2007 06:25

Reading some of these post shows just how critical it is for us to study the deen we say with our mouths we love.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 07, 2007 06:55

well im shocked to know that lovely lebanesse swims in front of her father, i wouldnt have the guts, even ifs it my own brothers and sons...i really dont know what islam sayz about that but all i can and will say is that i have no problem in front of my daughters but not my sons or father or brothers...i think that u have to have guts, and no its not that your father would look at you in that way but its to do with respect.. n why are u displaying a pic of meccan beauty with her bra exposed and a cartoon of a sexy glamour girl, why do u feel that u have to tease?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jun 15, 2006 14:41

There was a Muslim Athlete who competed in 100m freestyle (I think)in the Olympics; Her Swim Costume covered all her body; I don't see why not Muslim Women should not Swim.

Thanks

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 12, 2006 11:51

women in Islam are not allowed to show some partsof their body to others(that the swim suite shows),only her husband,the Quran is very clear,but here in my country we go to special women sports clubs were we can swim freely,also there are places beside the sea that are closed to men in some days
(two or three days weekly)women can practise their hoppy freely and wear what they like,unfortunatelly its not the same in other non Islamic countries.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 15, 2006 06:08

it was the topic hanif....i felt i could be comfortable with my brothers and sisters thank you..

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jan 04, 2006 19:04

Im afraid that would be hard, because as it is with men certain things cant be seen by the opposite GENDER or same GENDER,unless its family and Allah says in the Quran who a women can be seen by even in her own family. Now if you aint about glamour do like my sisters do ???? its hot girl I'm getting in hijab and all SPLASSSSSSSSSH!!!.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 28, 2005 07:56

well my father has a inground pool and my boyfrined wahleed does but iv only gone swimming in my fathers lol
and he dosent mind what i ware as long as outsiders aka boys lol arent around . he dosent mind my female friends though

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Sep 19, 2005 06:03

asalam alykum it is not permisable for a woman to go swiming any where but here husbands house so make your husbands bye you a pool even in a woman only pool you are going to show uraha to othere people

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Sep 13, 2005 10:15

yes so would I.. I love to swim but haven't gotten to do so in years because I don't know how I can without being too revealing. It would be nice if there were women only swimming pools and i know there are in some places but not around where i live :(

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Sep 10, 2005 09:43

I though the topic about swim for muslim women? It is interesting topic because many muslim women would like to swim but don't konw what is the proper way for muslim women to swim without showing too much of her skin. I am swimmer and swim 2 hours almost everyday. I would like to know what is the proper swim suit for Muslimah.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Aug 29, 2005 21:41

I agree with you and Ashida. Qur'an is Muslim resources to find the truth. Sometimes we need to find a help to understand all the written in Qur'an. Nasyid could be a little bit help...beside religion gathering/da'wah.....salam Diah/Indonesia

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 18, 2005 15:51

Nasheeds are good...I listen them. It is like dhikr (remembrance of Allah). The Prophet sws said the difference b/w the people who remember Allah and the people who do not remember Allah is like the difference b/w the living and the dead. How true is that!! But I keep in mind that the best remembrance of Allah is the book of Allah, Qur'an.