Muslim dating   FREE Sign up   Sign in   Search   Blog / Forum   Help / Faq  

Home > Muslim Forums > Message board > Marrying into different cultures Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Marrying into different cultures
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 22, 2005 07:41

salam muslim4good
i have also been in a relationship with someone from egyypt i am from england an find the culteral differences sometimes a little too much and can put alot of strain on the relationship xxx
Peace be with you
salam muslim4good
i have also been in a relationship with someone from egyypt i am from england an find the culteral differences sometimes a little too much and can put alot of strain on the relationship xxx
Peace be with you

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Oct 18, 2005 09:28

Salam!

I hope I'm not too late to responed.

I'm an American, and I married someone from Egypt. I learned so much, like learning how to cook different foods, and plus get a chance to get away from the United States for a while. Before I decided to do something like this, I had to learn and read about the Egyptian/ Arab people first so I won't fall into any shock, like for an example they eat beans for breakfast while we eat it for dinner. It's all good. And I'm still learning.

Peace!

Muslima4good

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Sep 26, 2005 21:22

I am an American woman who is married to a wonderful man from Jordan. I thank God everyday that he was sent to me. Not only did he bring to me the Truth of Allah he has opened a door of endless opportunities. We spent a month in Jordan and I fell in love with everything and everyone. I would move there tomorrow. InshAllah, we will be able to live there in a few years. But for now we are beginning our 5th year of marriage together and enjoying watching our children grow. So as for marriages between mixed cultures? Id have to say that it depends on the person. If love is strong enough and it is the will of God, then nothing is impossiable...Salam :-)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Aug 12, 2005 11:10

Race, Culture, and Color of skin does not matter. Faith does. Prophet Mohammad said once there is no difference between the Arabi and the Aajami (non arab) ila bel takwa (except with iman or faith) So if you have the same faith and you get along well ... color and race dont matter.

I myself mixed and I married a husband who is not from my country and he himself is mixed as well.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Aug 11, 2005 19:20

Fehdo write:
I guess it can some times lead to a culture shock! at other times a nice fusion of cultures.. :P

yes,I agree with you.

MJK
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jul 26, 2005 01:03

Asylum alikum, I am married to another culture then my own, and ahamdiallah he is my everything and more. In my experience it is all about compromise what works for your marriage. You learn to work through your differences and it builds your relationship ahamidallah as well as your character. Allah always knows best, and focus your heart, spirit and soul upon him and your partnership will grow and blossom ahamidallah.
Peace be to you and your families.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jul 25, 2005 12:46

i think that if you maried a difrent ras, it doesn't mean that it wil not work!
just find somebody who you trust.
couse trust is the key in a realatianschip.
and talk a lot abt youre culture, don't fore nobody but learn youre partner.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jun 24, 2005 21:46

Salam Brother

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jun 15, 2005 03:46

My opinion is different than yours friends. I think it depends on wither they will live there whole life in the same country that they got marrage in or not. So, they knew what they are facing before getting marry if they live in the same country. but if they move after few years to home country of one of them witch means comleltly new culture to the other that may coz a big shock for him and for the kids too.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jun 14, 2005 15:17

That's right brother. Amen to that. Love for Allah that is, too.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jun 12, 2005 15:32

I know of plenty of interracial couples. And they all seem just as happy as any other couples. If the love is there, race doesn't matter.