Muslim dating   FREE Sign up   Sign in   Search   Blog / Forum   Help / Faq  

Home > Muslim Forums > Romance > ONLINE DATING=HARAM Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
ONLINE DATING=HARAM
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Aug 29, 2004 05:42

You should note that it is not permissible for men to start such websites or to visit them. The owner of this site is one of those who are addressed by the warning in the verse (interpretation of the meaning):

?Verily, those who like that (the crime of) illegal sexual intercourse should be propagated among those who believe, they will have a painful torment in this world and in the Hereafter?

Indeed he is more deserving of this warning, because the warning in this verse was addressed to those who like immorality to be propagated, so how about one who actually works to make that happen and become widespread?

This is the way that is known to end in what we see and hear and read about those who use these means to approach the opposite sex. How many men have lost their religious commitment and how many women have lost their honour? Some of them have found no other way but suicide to escape from the dark tunnel that they got into because of corresponding and speaking to non-mahrams.

-taken from Islam Q-A site.
so basically my point is tht u sisteers/brother need to stop making a despret display of ursleves, this is not the islamic way to find a spouse. it is jahilliyah.!
may Allah guide us all!
AMEEN.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 29, 2006 17:17

I guess I'm confused. The one Muslim who is complaining about it being a haram is in the United States, not one of the Muslim countries in the world.

I came here looking for a partner or companion, and I was told by a friend this was a good site to come and look, present what I am, and see if anyone was interested. How else do you meet? There isn't anywhere else that I know of.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 28, 2006 07:55

ish, ish, ish... what's the problem here? if its haram to u, then stop coming to this site. it is as simple as ABC. by the way, haram is a very strong word. pls, check with someone of greater knowledge in religion before labelling something as haram.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 24, 2006 03:12

salamualaikum,
sis u cant judge that a site like this is haram. it's depend on a person visited it. as muslim we hve to increse our unity between muslim in the world for example via this site.we can exchange any information and other positive things.the point is wht's for someone visit a site.if the purpose is for something positive, it's ok. otherwise, only ALLAH that know wht's in deep inside someone's heart

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Sep 06, 2006 02:31

ohhh
if u chat in good mind no problem

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Aug 31, 2006 09:50

may just say if u understud islam properly then this dating one another wud not cum in it....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Aug 17, 2006 07:25

good .... like u

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jun 02, 2006 05:13

i think we should stop calling each other sister or brothers....i mean...u call some one sister,,,than u date hur,,dont understand that

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 31, 2006 22:38

why you make urself in the difficulties. this site is a neutral. it depend on what you did.

the haraam thing is if you touch na-mahram skin. we must recite the formula to have married. it is so easy to get halal for each other.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 02, 2006 12:53

Asalaam Alaekum, Brother. I would like to ask you what about most occasion that is not easy to find right muslimot woman and most of brother trying to avid what Allah said Haraam. Sometimes you dont know anybody arround as mulimot or single while Islam say Islam religion of muslim is not complete till he/she has partner. could you pls enlight us any other way we can go through to find right person muslim. Thanks

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Mar 30, 2006 09:22

All I can say is : if you're offended, don't use this (or other) sites.
Not everyone has a one-track mind. People use these sites for friendship and yes, perhaps for marriage.
And so what??
Get a life!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 15, 2006 17:05

assalamu alaikum
I have to agree that not all people signed up to this site to find their life partner or for online dating.
I signed up for this site because I live in an area where there are NO muslims. I have only converted to Islam a year ago and the only way I have of learning of Islam is online and by reading the Quran.
I feel that if a person is strong in Islam, this shouldnt be a problem for they have their own morals to keep them good. And if you meet somebody that you feel isn't to your moral standards...you can always delete!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 05, 2006 04:05

I agree with you brother. Perhaps, whoever had started this topic need to be little more 'grown up'. Don't you think??!!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 05, 2006 04:01

I totally agree with you sister!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 05, 2006 04:00

My question is, then, why are you here for????

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jan 04, 2006 14:38

HA HA HA SOME OF YOU ALL ARE CRACKING ME UP!!! fIRST OF ALL WHOS'S DATING? IM SEARCHING FOR A WIFE!!! BUT I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF THE SISTERS WOULD PUT A SCARF ON PLEASE! I ALSO AGREE WITH BROTHER TANVEERMD, AND AFEW OTHERS TO SOME EXTENT. BUT THE BOTTOM LINE IS THE PERSON THEMSELF, IM IN CONTROL OF NO ONE BUT MY OWNSELF, JUST LIKE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US. THERES AN ISLAMIC SAYING IF YOU HAVE NO SHAME DO WHAT YOU LIKE! THERE'S A HADITH QUDSI RELATED BY ABU DHARR AL-GHIFARI THAT IS VERY LONG SO I SHALL GIVE YOU THE LAST WITHOUT TAKING ANYTHING FROM THE MEANING OF THE HADITH ALLAH SAID" O MY SERVANTS,IT IS BUT YOUR DEEDS THAT I RECKON UP FOR YOU AND THEN RECOMPENSE YOU FOR, SO LET HIM WHO FINDS GOOD(IN THE HEREAFTER) PRAISE ALLAH And let him who finds other than that blame no one but himself. PONDER THIS PLEASE. ISLAM IS VERY SIMPLE WE MAKE IT HARD. SISTERS PLEASE PUT SOME HIJABS ON THANK YOU , YOUR BROTHER IN ISLAM HANIF

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Dec 30, 2005 16:19

salaam alikoum
i m amased to discover a Field where Muslims could express their opinions freely what ever their age .its an important step to understand each others objectively . i wanna size the opportunity to say that we are just human not angels neither evils. sorry for my terrible english

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Dec 17, 2005 18:58

Assalamu Aleikom,

I'm sorry if I'm reviving a dead post but why all this anger and judging? It can be haram if you come here looking for sinful things, I think Allah judges us on our intentions. I have to admit though some of the posts should be deleted by the moderators because they don't seem to go with the purpose of this site. All this angry talk reminds me of fire and brimstone speeches. PEACE brothers and sisters.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 07, 2005 23:40

Assalamu Alaikkum To everybody,

chating Online depends on the person who is chatting with limitations. for both male or female. there are many advantages and disadvantages in online dating and chatting.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Nov 04, 2005 05:23

mmmm... GREEN eyes....yummm..