Muslim dating   FREE Sign up   Sign in   Search   Blog / Forum   Help / Faq  

Home > Muslim Forums > Religion > JESUS? DIED FOR SINS? JESUS LORD AND SAVIOR? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
JESUS? DIED FOR SINS? JESUS LORD AND SAVIOR?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Nov 21, 2005 12:05

I AM A CHRISTIAN AND A VERY CONFUSED ONE. I WANT TO CONVERT TO ISLAM BECAUSE I READ ALOT, AND I LOVE THE TRUTH. I AM CONFUSED ABOUT JESUS. HE IS A GOOD PROPHET. IN THE OLD TESTAMENT IT SAYS ISIAH 43:13-15. I,EVEN I, AM THE LORD AND BESIDE ME THERE IS NO SAVIOR. BUT CHRISTIANS SAY YOU HAVE TO BE SAVED BY JESUS CHRIST. NOW CHRISTIANS PUT THEY'RE FAITH IN THE NEW TESTAMENT AND IN JESUS. I KNOW THAT THE BIBLE HAVE ERRORS. BUT WHY IS IT THAT IN THE OLD TESTAMENT THEY TELL YOU ALL THROUGH THAT THERE'S IS NO SAVIOR. CHRISTIANS SAY THE ONLY WAY TO GET TO HEAVEN IS THREW JESUS. (BEING SAVED). IM ALSO CONFUSED CAUSE IF THEY SAY JESUS DIED FOR YOUR SIN THEN HOW CAN THAT BE, IF PEOPLE ARE DIEING FROM THIER SINS.IS HE REALLY THE SON OF GOD? DO I HAVE TO GO THROUGH JESUS? DID HE DIE FOR MY SINS? I NEED PROOF TO BELIEVE THAT. AND I'M CONFUSED CAN SOMEONE HELP ME.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Aug 26, 2012 18:24

brother please don't use the Mohamat name, its an insulte in arabic .... he's name is Mohammad, and other variance (e in place of the last a, one m instead of two etc. ) the important is the d at the end because if we use a t it gives a bad signification in arabic.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Apr 26, 2011 15:19

I AM A SINCERE MUSLIMA, AND I WAS RAISED BY MY FATHER "BROTHER RAMADAN" SINCE I WAS A BABY TOO BELIEVE IN ALLAAH AND THE HOLY QURAAN. IN THE QURAAN IT STATES ALIF LAM MIN "THIS IS THE BOOK IN WHICH THERE THIS NO DOUBT". THERE IS NO GOD BUT ALLAAH AND PROPHET MUHAMMAD(SAWS)IS THE LAST AND FINAL MESSENGER OF ALLAAH AND THE BEST EXAMPLE FOR ALL MANKIND TOO FOLLOW IN THIS LIFE. SO, WHEN WE READ THE HOLY QURAAN WE MUST BELIEVE IN ALL OF WHAT IT SAYS. THERE IS ACTUALLY A WHOLE SURAAH (PART) In THE QURAAN THAT TALKS ABOUT PROPHET ISHAA (JESUS) PBUH AND HIS MOTHER MARYAM (MARY) WHERE PROPHET ISHAA (JESUS) PBUH Tells his companions/THE PEOPLE TO POSTRATE WITH HIM (bow down in worship) TO YOUR LORD,WHICH HE WAS TALKING ABOUT ALLAAH(T'ALA). THINK ABOUT IT, HOW CAN HE SAY OR POSTRATE TO HIMSELF? BUT, IT IS ALWAYS GOOD FOR YOU TO READ FOR YOURSELF SO, NEXT TIME I GET BACK ON THIS SITE, I PROMISE YOU; I WILL & CAN TELL YOU THE EXACT SURAAH (PLACE IN THE HOLY QURAAN WHERE IT EXPLAINS IN DEPTH ABOUT PROPHET ISHAA (JESUS) AND HIS MOTHER MARYAM (MARY) MAY PEACE AND BLESSINGS BE UPON BOTH OF THEM AMEEN. SO, PLEASE INVEST IN GETTING A HOLY QURAAN IN YOUR HOME LIBRARY IF YOU DONT ALREADY HAVE YOU. MAY BLESSINGS OF PEACE AND GUIDANCE TO YOU FROM ALLAAH (T'ALA) THE LORD/CREATOR OF THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH!!!! MAY ALLAAH CONTINUE TO GUIDE YOU CLOSER TO GETTING TO KNOW MORE ABOUT HIM AND ISLAM AMEEN P.S BUT, NO!!! JESUS DIDN'T DIE FOR OUR SINS ASTAKFUR'ALLAAH BECAUSE IT STATES IN THE HOLY QURAAN THAT NO MAN WILL TAKE ON THE BURGEN OF ANOTHER, HE WILL ONLY BE JUDGED ON WHAT HE DO ON THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT. SUBHANA'ALLAAH MISHA'ALLAAH ALLAAHU AKBAR ALLAAH IS THE GREATEST!!! THE HOLY QURAAN ALSO STATES, 'do not worship any gods besides ALLAAH'!!!! THE HADITH'S STATES "IF YOU ARE FOLLOWING THE WAY'S OF THE PROPHET MUHAMMAD (PBUH) "THE SALAFI MUNHADIJ" YOU ARE ON THE CORRECT PATH ALSO, IF YOU ACCEPT & FOLLOW ISLAMIC MONOTHEISM YOU ARE ON THE STRAIGHT PATH. SO, THE HOLY QURAAN AND THE HADITH'S BOTH GO TOGETHER, NOT; EITHER ONE OR THE OTHER, BOTH!!!! MISHA'ALLAAH SUBHANA'ALLAAH ALHAMDUIALLAAH RABBUL ALAMIN!!! ALLAAHU AKBAR!!!! THIS IS A MERCY AND A GUIDANCE FROM ALLAAH RIGHT NOW, SO; TAKE HEED WHILE YOU STILL HAVE A TIME. GET TO KNOW ALLAAH (T'ALA)AND HIS LAST & FINAL MESSENGER PROPHET MUHAMMAD(SAWS) PBUH AND IF YOU DO, IT WILL BE THE VERY BEST INVESTMENT YOU'VE EVER MADE IN YOUR LIFE!!! INSHA'ALLAAH AS SALLAAM WA ALIKUUM RAHMATU'ALLAAHU WA BARAKATU TRUE BELIEVER/MUSLIMA, SISTER MORROCCO

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jan 09, 2009 05:40

Dear friend,
the ennemies of Jesus and Muhamat the propthets are in morocco, and with reference to with some ex-communied jews in casablanca Morocco.
see internet : " the great affairs in morocco ".

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 17, 2008 12:02

An evangelical tried to reconvert me the other day, not being well read i didnt say much but next time we meet i hope to tell him that jesus didnt die on the cross, i think he will smile. buy why?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 10, 2008 08:29

why dont you keep reading dont stop there john 16;13-15 when HE "SPIRIT of TRUTH" HE will guide" HE" will not speak on his own accord, but whatever" HE" will tell you things "HE" will glorify me so tell me ' have you spoken ,or heard, from this so - called holy spirit that yourve been told as a kid, ohh sit on my lap son ,this verse is refering to the spirit'' what a load of bananas 'how can you tell the differance between a good voice and bad voice ? Man i was a christian 7 yrs ago 18 differant denominations,, if you want to know the true bible if you can find it ? in the old arahmaih before the jews get to it ' then you will see why i became a muslim , Allah u akbar, Alhumdulelah,be strong woman ! fight for the truth watever it takes,Surrender to the One God and except all his prophets Adam,Noah,Abraham,Moses,Jesus, and the last prophet Mohammed (salahlah wahleyhi wah sahlahleem)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 10, 2008 07:49

what about the people before Jesus who gona die for their sins ? man why dont you go ask any agnostic or atheist biblical/historian atleast you wont get a biast answer, and ask them who is mark, matthew, luke, or john is ? i dare you , these people that you think were prophets or deciples of Jesus" man they werent even alive at the time till some 40-70 years after Jesus vanished " i feel sorry for you,i was once lost to but now ive found, the truth, Praise God ,,and you say you kno the old arahmaih,So what does (SON OF MAN) mean in the old language ??? man the Poor guy stating he is a (HUMAN BEING) just like us u know Man Kind type flesh and blood, eats , goes to the toilet, whats wrong with you yanks man ?? far out ! and i didnt even finish high school

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jan 04, 2008 23:10

Hello,
I'am wondering why you are confused. In Isaiah 43:15 it says : I'am the holy One, Israels Creator, your King.
The Israelites are God's chosen ppl, and they will be til the end.
Christians have faith in Jesus, in 2 Corinthians 5:7 it says: we live by faith, not by sight.
Yes, Jesus died for our sins, we are all sinners, even Christians sin, nobody is perfect, but, once you sin, you need to confess your sins, once you have accepted Christ into your heart you are a changed person and you wouldn't want to sin anymore, but yet, even Christians are not imune to temptations, but you can overcome them with Christ's help and intervention. Once you are saved and changed, you will not ever lose your salvation. Your comment about the Bible having errors, can you prove that??????
Your question if Jesus is really the son of God. Read Matthew 26:62-64.
In John 14:6 it says: Jesus answered: I'am the Way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.

There's no other way to Heaven, Jesus IS the ONLY way.
May God bless you always.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jan 04, 2008 17:18

KDANIELS
I have read your comment about Jesus. I would like to talk to you.
God bless you
Marion

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Mar 10, 2006 19:45

ASALAMUALIKUM 2 ALL OF U MY MUSLIM SISTERS N BROTHERS...

-just want to say that.. in da bible thy mention alot of jesus.. n i still dont get it, whic is whic.. n yes thr are alot of versions of da bible.. n thy all have millions of jesus in ther... kinda odd, but ISLAMICLY jesus is one of da prophets PBUH.. n as muslims respect jesus same way as prophet Muhammed BPUH....
n to thos whom r givin all this good advices n good opinions bck on da topic, i sugguest you guys make sur wht ur sayin is correct 2 say, bcz remba u can make a mistake by misleadin some1 else or givin da wrong idea...

oky im done..
ma salam
FIAMANIALLAH

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Mar 09, 2006 14:51

Before you posted that comment my sister of the book you should have really thought about your reply. What makes you think that Prophet Jesus(pbuh) has more right over ALLAH'S slaves than ALLAH the creater and sustainer of all that exist in the heavens and on the earth (including your massiah). Answer this question if you indeed speak in truth about Jesus(pbuh), If he died for your sins why will you be resurrected after your death to be held accountable for all the sins you have committed in this world?

And to speak in truth Jesus was not sent to correct the wrongs of the world he was sent strictly for the people of Isreal. My sister you have been lead astray and are far from the truth. La ilaha illalahu wahdahu la shareeka lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'alaa kulli shay'in Qadeer (There is no God except God,the One. There is no partner with Him. To Him belongs the sovereignty and the praise and He has power over all things). A'oodhu billahi minash-Shaytaaanir-rajeem!

Tell me why is prophet Jesus(pbuh) called god?
.. is it because he was born without a father? then Adam was created without a father or mother, Eve was created without a mother, and according to the Bible, Melchizedek is without father or mother, without geneology, without beginning of days or end of life!(hebrews7:1-3)
...is it because he gave life to the dead? Then Elisha did more then that. According to the Bible, Elisha gave life to the dead(2kings 4:32-35), and when a mans body was thrown into Elisha's tomb, the body touched Elisha's bones and the man came to ilfe and stood up on his feet.(2kings13:21)
...is it because Jesus(pbuh) is called in the Bible "the son of God'? Then, according to the bible God had many sons, and daughters, and a wife also(glorified is he, and High exalted above that):this is what the lord says:israel is my firstborn son(exodus4:22)
The lord saw this and rejected them because he was angered by his sons and daughters(deuteronomy32:19)
he(jesus)began to teach them saying:...blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of god.(mathew5:2,9)

what then made people believe in the divinity of prophet
Jesus(pbuh)

The jewish literature is full of metaphors. They speak and write in a metaphorical language to make the description more powerful.

Prophet Jesus(pbuh), Prophet Jacob(pbhh) and many other righteous people were called the sons of god to emphasize there strong belief in god. They even called Jerusalem "the wife of God" to emphasize God's love for it. The followrin verses in the Bible clarify the meaning of "son of god"

yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God-children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husbands will, but born of God. (john 1:12,13)

Prophet Jesus(pbuh)confirmed that he was a messenger of Allah

Jesus answered, "my teaching is not my own, it comes from him who sent me,"(john7:16)
but Jesus said to them,"only in his hometown and in his own house is a prophet without honour."(Matthew 13:57)

Prophet Jesus(pbuh) used to pray to his God and our God
he(jesus) said to them, "sit here while i go over there and pray." going a lttle farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed..... (Matthew 26:36,39)

Prophet Jesus(pbuh) confirmed his humanity and denied divinity
by myself i can do nothing.... (john5:30)
no-one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the son, But only the father(Matthew24:36)
Jesus said... " i am returning to my father and your father, to my God and your God(john20:17)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 08, 2006 20:52

allah can't forgive sins, only Jesus Christ can. He died for your sins so we can have eternal life.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 22, 2006 15:22

I would just like to say that if Isa (Jesus) died for our sins and he is God, why will we all be resurected on the day of recompense to be judged? Wouldnt that make him a liar? Only Allah can forgive sins. Follow the straight path to Allah, you need no intecessor. Allahu Akbar.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jan 31, 2006 16:19

i agree with you lizbeth about the original meaning of some of the documented words of jesus. (about him calling God "aba", the aramaich word for father; as in we are all children of God) but it's pretty clear now what jesus means to christians. words have been so twisted now that he has become the father. it just doesn't mean what it used to now. people do believe that he's multiple entities and it begs the question of what people are thinking. does he pray to himself, his dad, or the spirit? and i understand that jesus, of course, prays to no one but the God, but he means something different to certain people now. thanx for clearing up some of the questions tho.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jan 31, 2006 16:11

salaam. to answer your question about the old testament...the old testament is the torah. the torah proclaims that there is no god or savior but God alone. christianity started as a sort of cult or sect of judaism. when jews didn't accept the idea of another savior or god, christians, they weren't called christians yet by the way, were shunned out of jewish circles. the new faith, what would soon be christianity, branched out and developed it's principles and book(s). but it based most things on the judaic tradition. when assembling the new testament (bible) christians added the jewish torah (the old testament) as a foundation. that can be confusing because the old testament stresses the idea of one god and no other while the new testament (and it's been changed since the beginning) ushers in a new "god" and savior. it's very confusing. it's like me taking the bible and bhagavad gita and declaring a new faith and god. it's why many have been up in arms running away from christianity.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jan 06, 2006 16:18

hi
i suggest that u get a look on Islam point of view about this subject for the holly co ran talks about Christ as a prophet and a messenger of god.i ensure it will reinforce your faith in Christ but in new way.
good luck in your research.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 29, 2005 21:17

You are right, Jesus may have been said in the bible son of GOD, however alot of other prophets had been given the same term...

and the Quran awnsers their claim beautifully: it says the Likeness of Jesus is the Likeness of Adam.

now if we compare jesus and adam you will see
Jesus did not have a father - and so christians like to say that GOD is the father of Jesus..

However.... if they use this they must use the same principle to Adam and say Adam had no mother nor father so does this mean GOD is both mother and father to Adam? and does this not mean Adam would have a closer bond with GOD?

we do not like to look at things this way because it is nonesense instead in Islam we are told that Jesus and Adam were created by GOD he said be and it was... its called a miracle.

GOD doesnt need a man and a woman to sleep with one another to bare a child...Not at all.. rather God Associates action with baring a child however he can always dissaociate it whenever he pleases.
And so we must know, and beleive that everything is from GOD and not from us..

example a knife: it can cut you and u may bleed however if GOd did not want this to happen he can change the attribute.

just as GOd uses food to fill us, saving us from starvation.

And we know that in heaven we will never be hungry because that attribute is removed.

ALLAh can remove attributes anytime he pleases...

just as he removed the attribute of fire from the time the pagans tried to burn Abraham and the fire did not burn him. IF it wasnt for ALLAH took the cause which the fire he defined with burning away, it would have burned him. so we must remember that everything is a result of GOD and Jesus nor adam need a father to be born ALL we need is GOD

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 29, 2005 21:03

In Islam we do not believe Jesus died for our sins, this is a New Christian belief. In fact in Islam we are told Jesus has not died yet and was risen up to the heavens when the Jews had went out to Kill him, Allah (God All-mighty) had brought him to heaven and replaced him with one of their own which they thought was Jesus...

No one dies for another person's sins we are all accountable for what we do, and so we ALL have to Ask GOD to forgive us.

We do not ask Jesus to forgive us becuase he was just a prophet and not devine in Islam.

This is another way Islam is distinct from Christianity, from the trinity

In Christianity, It is taught to believe that Father, Son, and Holy Ghost(spirit) are one... ie. All GOD
ALL one and the same...

However In ISlam Jesus was just a prophet and not devine.

Jesus being GOD is a contradiction in terms: its like saying man-horse

there is no such thing because a horse has distinct features and attributes which a horse does not have to say they are one and the same would be gibberish...
horse four legs, man 2..

u can also look at the analogy : square-circle... if one were to tell you to make a 'square circle' you would say u are not talking from your head! because a square is defined to have four sides and circle none...

For someone to say Jesus is GOD at the same time makes no sense man is not GOD GOD is GOD man is man. men can be prophets but man can not be GOD.

i could say someone is an 'DONKEY' however this would not be in the literal sense but rather the metophorical.

ANd same to say Jesus was godly is something different to say he is God literally...

Going back to Jesus, and how i mentioned he had not died for our sins but rather he was raised up:

GOD gives us a promise for those he GIVES life he promises Death...
everyone who is given life will taste death.. and this comes back to jesus not being dead and him coming back to this world... he will come back to this world to finish his life and jsut as we were all given life and die here so will jesus end his life here
and we will then all be ressurected...

side note:

now as for the mahdi... for the one person who mentioned this. this is not refering to jesus that is a whole different topic in itself so i will continue on with ur questions on jesus.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 29, 2005 17:28

I think the brothers and sisters did a great job in giving you great information about Islam, sister whom Allah guides onto the straight path of islam there is absolutely! none to lead them astray...Insha Allah may you be of those whom Allah guides...Ameen...I hope and pray you will be my sister in Islam.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 21, 2005 07:50

Peace. In the fourth century a.D. at the council of Nicene, the african christian church and the european christian church spilt over the creed of christanity. the european christian church belived that Jesus is both God and Man while the african christan church held that Jesus was a man divinely inspried by God. This, along with the pganism of Roman Catholicism is the reason why christanity falsely claims that salvaiton comes from the worship of Jesus. Muhammad does not appear in the bible because his time of service was after the compilation of the books of the Bible but there is no difference between his teachings and those of Moses,Jesus or any of the other servants of God. There are many errors in the bible due to mistranslations or blantant attempts to wipe out the history of the african hebrews who are the true inheritors of the hebraic tradition and covenant. This was one way that european christanity was beat into us by keeping us ignorant of our history. The vast majority of slaves were Muslim because Islam is the natural evolution of Hebrewism and Christanity and also because of an african arab alliance that forced europe into the dark ages for hundreds of years. After the expulsion of muslims from spain in 1492, the Queen of spain authorized the enslavement of africans in retaliation for the centuries of Islamic rule. Christanity was then used to justify the greatest holocaust in the last 500 years, thus at the threat of death or beatings we were converted to christans debilitating us spiritually until this very day. Finally, you do not have to pray to Jesus to obtain salvation and if any one says that you do ask them to show you where Jesus said that you must, literally. Many teachers of the law will say that Jesus said that he is the way, truth and light but what he meant by this is that he is the best example of salvation and if one wants to recieve salvation do as I did worship God and love your brother for this is what all the commandments are based upon. It is pagagnism to worship anyone other than God and Jesus would be the first to acknowledge this fact. Pray to God only.
Peace