Muslim dating   FREE Sign up   Sign in   Search   Blog / Forum   Help / Faq  

Home > Muslim Forums > love > Should i start to wear a scarf? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Should i start to wear a scarf?
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, May 06, 2006 07:16

look sister. you know you should. Do you want guys to look at you - do you want me to tell you about the excessive fantasy techniques of the average (especially spiritually undisciplined) male?

If i wear a thong and run around the office - well even if i'm the smartest guy in the world and all that, it is not what the majority of people will think.

With a scarf you metaphorically veil much darkness - the darkness which shaytan creates from using the beauties of the female and influencing the male. The darkness shaytan creates by using the male to lead on the female - to take advantage of situations.

So it really is common sense:
(1) Do we ask for allah's help without following his commands?
(2) Are we so arrogant that we think we are 'fine' even though we are blatantly refusing his commands?
(3) Do we care more about how we look that how our hearts look to allah - and they are blind if we don't get (1) & (2)

(4) Do we want respect from those who matter, and especially our creator?

If you answer yes to at least one of the above- then hijab is no big deal - in fact we should be scared that not only ain't i not wearing hijab - but the talk we gave people about 'how its ok not to wear hijab, as long as you are a nice person' etc...

Sister, hijab is just necessary, goes on a woman like wheels on a car, veils problems and bad-thought like water cleans dirt. Keeps the right parts of the woman hidden, but highlightes a woman's most beautiful part - her mystery, respect, her closeness to allah.

If you are looking for marriage, the best men will get turned off by women without hijab. If you wanna settle for less thats your choice: are you thinking: 'hmm what are those amazing men like - i dont know any' lol

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Mar 09, 2006 22:57

goochy write:
ha please, we were born the way we are expose your hair who says to cover, you all follow this muhamad and i spelt it incorrect, please read and study did you all know that he married a young girl at the age of 6 and then raped her at the age of 9? her name aisha, what person does this and you all think his a saint or king, grow up as we will never stand down our rights please stay in your country as we wish not to even bother with such disgraseful humans if you call muslims humans.

Let me just say it in a single sentence...

Allahu Haq, Al-Islam Haqqu wa Sayidina Muhammad S.A.W Haqqu!!

And i shall stand by that sentence no matter what.

Barakallahu Feeki,
Nour

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Mar 09, 2006 20:21

I think the decision should be between you and Allah (swt) and not for anyone else to judge. I think that we as Muslims should be more forgiving of each other and stop being so judgemental of each other and other people.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Mar 03, 2006 03:09

yes in my opinion it is better to atleast cover your head as this is modest and will avert a lot of bad guys looking and allied nuisances. And you will feel more secure and dignified.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 27, 2006 09:56

i don't know but women in hijab turn me on, not in a sick way that is.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 22, 2006 18:36

As salaamu alaikum my sister in Islam

No doubt you've heard all the "whys" and "why nots" so I won't go into them, except to say that the biggest "why" is that it is part of the modesty that Allah commands of us. Sure the biggest "why not" is probably the strange looks and possibly comments we get from others; but I say "so what". Our noble history is filled with instances of people objecting to how someone acts or dresses. Others may even say, it isn't stylish, but I disagree; we can make things as stylish as we so choose and still be modest and also still fit into any setting.

Also, it is important, at least in my opinion, to not give others reasons to look at us for superficial reasons (our appearance) but rather look at us for the inner qualities and beauty that does not fade with time. Although sometimes it seems difficult, if not impossible to have our brothers accept us for that, ultimately it is in our best interests to protect ourselves from probing eyes.

As salaamu alaikum

Fa'izah

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 18, 2006 03:29

Assalamualaikum my sister in Islam,

Wearing hijab should not be taken lightly as in my opinion, it is a commitment you made to Allah and wearing it is not easy if you're not living in a Muslim country. There are a lot of temptations (the pleasures of showing your hair etc.) There are also other considerations such as aggravation from bigots.

But if you choose to do so despite all that, i'm sure you'll feel the serenity and tranquility that comes with it and feel closer to Allah.

May Allah lead you to the right path. Baarakallhu fiki.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 15, 2006 21:56

Salaam Meccan Beauty it is all about how you feel about covering your hair what you think about yourself i think that anybody has to feel in their heart what is right.

Inshallah You will know

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 15, 2006 05:30

i won't berate you why you should or why you shouldn't. I am sure you have read Quran and all the laws of hijab/head scarf are given there.

So i would suggest that you should.