Muslim dating   FREE Sign up   Sign in   Search   Blog / Forum   Help / Faq  

Home > Muslim Forums > marriage > Marriage without love Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Marriage without love
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jun 17, 2006 03:35

Marriage without love,will it stay for last?
what do u think? any comment?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 21, 2007 11:52

I would like to comment here, if you mean that you have to date a male or female and sleep with him/her for years, stay together for a year or more, love her and then marry, then that is against islam and is not ultimate love that islam is looking for.

What is love, I have mentioned in my other posting... If you both have common goal and common understanding, and have things that matches one another, you will end up loving one another even if you have never met each other before Marriage. I never met my wife before marriage, today we have more than 10 years of happy life and we really love each other.

Yes, attraction has to be there between one another, and thats why prophet was encouraging that before you marry, its good practice that you look at your spouse, there were marriages that were broken at the time of propeht, just because the partners didn't love one another, one woman, told the prophet, that I just don't like my husband, he prays 5 times a day, he is decent person but I just can't stay with him, and the prophet broke their marriage, one girl went to the prophet and said that my father is forcing me to marry a person whom I don't like, and the prophet called her parent and asked him on the reason... The list is endless...

At the same time, marriage is sacred, after one is married, its required to adjust with one another... Prophet says the most hated Halal by Allah is Talaq, Prophet also tells people, that you need to understand each other, its not possible to get a woman with all perfect characters, if you are happy with one character you will not be happy with another character, and this hadith applies to males also, you can't get a perfect husband...Deen is the one which should cement you together and have a common goal...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Mar 17, 2007 19:59

marriage without love cannot work, in most cases its alwayz the women who love thier husbands n husbands only marry their wives because of pressure from thier parents or that they want to get some sort of citizenship!!!!!.

i really dont think that one should stay in a loveless marriage just for the sake of their children because its more likely that the children would pick up on the parents behaviour n then put it into thier own realtionships.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Mar 12, 2007 09:01

In the long run a loveless marriage will most likely fail - and, indeed, maybe it should.

That said, a marriage is also a commitment that we shouldn't reject at the first signs of trouble.

I believe that one of the biggest "love-killers" in marriage is that we forget! We forget that we must constantly work at being our best to our spouse: Spiritually, mentally, sexually and in friendship. If we keep reminding ourselves these things, then love will most likely grow stronger and stronger.

Peace!

Hank

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 23, 2007 05:36

Well intersting.My husbnd says he does not love me but we have 2 girls together.He got married to keep parents happy,so did i.I grew to love him but he hass fallen out of love i think with me.Its a difficult situation because u need some affection but i am with him coz of the kids and i still have a part of me taht cares for him.I suppose you learn to compromise.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 21, 2007 22:13

I think marriage without is just not a marriage..how can one marry to a girl if he does not like her..the most important step for marriage to accept her/him...I dont think marriahe can stay for few days with out a love...marriage is not just living together,..true marriage is being honest true to ur husband/wife wich is possible only when u love her.him
thanks