Muslim dating   FREE Sign up   Sign in   Search   Blog / Forum   Help / Faq  

Home > Muslim Forums > Friendship > Helping poor people (economically) Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Helping poor people (economically)
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Mar 09, 2006 03:50

For me, there's a very nice feeling comes to me when I meet people who like helping poor people. This thing attracts me to the person doing that so much for different reasons, like, this person is close to Almighty ALLAH, and he knows that he will not be a real Muslim if he doesn't help poor people?..etc. Beside experiencing poor people's feeling of happiness at the time they receive the charity (Sadaqah) from you and how their life or part of their life, changes. And then you sleep with relieved heart. ALLAH gave us many blessings in this world and I consider our ability to give Sadaqah to poor people is one of the greatest blessings..it's spiritual and holistic thing?.do you friends see it as I do?!

And you can remember that the Prophet Mohammed (may peace be upon him) urged us to ask not only about the closest people to us but also to ask about the seventh neighbor. Islam has a lot of Rahmah (mercy) and humanity. You know guys, I do like mediation in our holy religion which taught us many things and organized our life in a very gorgeous and incredible way.

Al-Hamdulilah, that I'm blessed with being a Muslim woman.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 14, 2006 11:10

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
107.1] Have you considered him who calls the judgment a lie?
[107.2] That is the one who treats the orphan with harshness,
[107.3] And does not urge (others) to feed the poor.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Mar 10, 2006 23:34

Salamun alaik Sister Sama

Hope you are in the best state of health and imaan. Insya'allah.

I do agree with you sister. It's a wonderful gesture helping people who are of lesser priviledge than us.

Here we are sitting comfortably in our fully furnished home with all the high tech gadgets like air-conditioning, television and state-of the art stereo systems while there are people out there in the cold without proper shelter, having not enough to eat. Thus, we should try to help in the best way we can.

Just like a MasterCard advertisement..

A diamond ring from Tiffany's $10000

Nice meal at expensive restaurant $700

Bag from Chanel $3000

A smile on the face of a poor person receiving aid and a piece of bread........ PRICELESS!

May Allah guide us to use our wealth to help mankind in the best possible way we can. Ameen.

~No deed is deemed more acceptable than the one in which you are absent in winessing [yourself as a doer] and which is considered insignificant by you.~

Barakallahu Feeki,
Nour

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share