Home > Muslim Forums > Religion > ABORTION Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
ABORTION
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Mar 21, 2005 03:33

Fear of Poverty

It is not better to take a child's life because you fear they will have a life of poverty.
The Noble Qur'an Al-Israa 17:31
And kill not your children for fear of poverty. We provide for them and for you. Surely, the killing of them is a great sin.
The Noble Qur'an Al-An'aam 6:151
Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Come, I will recite what your Lord has prohibited you from: Join not anything in worship with Him; be good and dutiful to your parents; kill not your children because of poverty - We provide sustenance for you and for them; come not near to Al-Faw?hish (shameful sins, illegal sexual intercourse, etc.) whether committed openly or secretly, and kill not anyone whom All?h has forbidden, except for a just cause (according to Isl?mic law). This He has commanded you that you may understand.

Blood Money Due for deceased child is
also Due for Deceased Fetus

Hadith - Sahih Bukhari 8.732, Narrated Abu Huraira, r.a.
Allah's Apostle gave the judgment that a male or female slave should be given in Qisas for an abortion case of a woman from the tribe of Bani Lihyan (as blood money for the fetus) but the lady on whom the penalty had been imposed died, so the Prophets ordered that her property be inherited by her offspring and her husband and that the penalty be paid by her Asaba.

A Miscarriage or Murder of Fetus
Caused by Another Person
Hadith - Sahih Bukhari 9.420, Narrated Al Mughira bin Shuba, r.a.
'Umar bin Al-Khattab asked (the people) about the Imlas of a woman, i.e., a woman who has an abortion because of having been beaten on her abdomen, saying, "Who among you has heard anything about it from the Prophet?" I said, "I did.) He said, "What is that?" I said, "I heard the Prophet saying, 'Its Diya (blood money) is either a male or a female slave.' " 'Umar said, "Do not leave till you present witness in support of your statement." So I went out, and found Muhammad bin Maslama...

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jan 22, 2007 16:53

salaam sister sufia, my heart goes out to u with regards to ur miscarriage, like ur self i had 3.n yes i know how it felt, u know i have been through real tough times with no one helping at the time i need, yet like urself i never once complained about having so many children. i really cannot understand those women who feel that their carears are over coz of their kids, for me personally i think that mine has just started. i know for a fact that when ppl change the way they think into a positive thought then everything becomes clear.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Dec 10, 2006 03:18

well all i can say to that brother is that i wish i asnt so educated...coz its only the educated who have abortions not the illiterate..and especially in the west...not saying that ppl back home dont coz they do....but again most are more likely to be educated...

i have 7 children but dont want no more...wonder what the quran says about contraception????..i mean were not killing a child just stopping from haveing anymore.