Muslim dating   FREE Sign up   Sign in   Search   Blog / Forum   Help / Faq  

Home > Muslim Forums > Cultures and Education > hispanic muslims Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
hispanic muslims
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jul 28, 2006 13:49

hi, curious if there are any hispanic muslims on this site?
Furthermore, if so, is your entire family muslim or just you, did you convert, etc. I know alot of spanish families are i think..catholic? The spanish side of my family is this..and I have not yet told anyone that I have converted to islam because I know that they will not understand/judge/and ridicule.
Spanish muslims, how did you go about becoming a muslim, how do people close to you treat you. is there family that you have that is not muslim...actually, this could even be to anyone that has converted or that has family and close friends that are non-muslim, what was thei reactions? how did they treat you and how do they now?

God bless.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jun 02, 2012 02:57

I am also a latina convert as well. My family is catholic, I recently shared with my mother, sister and daughter that I converted.I received interesting reactions. My mother has accepted that I converted as well as my daughter and sister. I defenetly think my daughter has adjusted the most.
IT's a slow process, but if your family loves you they will accept you as you are. I will slowly open up to family when I am ready, but for now I am opening up to the main circle that I interact with on a daily basis.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Aug 23, 2008 17:53

Congratulations, I am very happy to hear the birth of new muslim sister.
I've been a muslim since birth, so I dont really understand the conversion phenomenon.But I bet, you must have relieve a lot of burden off your back! Congratulations again and be patient with the challenges ahead because "Allah doesnt try us with the challenges that we cant take."Allah chanllenges us according to our degree of potential...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 11, 2007 16:23

As salamu aleikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh

My dear sisters may Allah swt. bless you all,amin.

Ma salam

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Mar 10, 2007 11:47

i am hispanic and converted to islam aug 2007. my family is christian. glad to have a few more latinas on this site.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jan 02, 2007 11:23

hi, i'm mexican and muslim. my children are and my husband side of the family is muslim. my side of the family is catholic. if you want to talk about it just say the word. ok salam and hasta llego.