Muslim dating   FREE Sign up   Sign in   Search   Blog / Forum   Help / Faq  

Home > Muslim Forums > Friendship > boundries of male female "friendships" in islam Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
boundries of male female "friendships" in islam
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jul 20, 2005 19:54

Have u ever found yourself in an awkward situation where a your emotions begin to get mixed up about a friend of the opposite sex? Where and when do u draw the line, and what does islam say about this.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 23, 2005 02:35

If that is the case my sister, what is the correct way to show interest to muslim female? For example, I've lived more than half of my life in the States and so far I've never had any problem approaching to a female for friendship; however, I really have no clue how to show my interest to a Muslim girl. im pretty sure all of my Muslim brothers living in States with the marriage mind facing similiar difficulties. Please dont get me wrong, but you're mentioning in your profile that "a good man who wants to be a good friend first." right?, but if you dont give a chance and draw the line too far back behind, how are you planning to get to know the other person better? Because believe me, let me give you a little hint overhere, almost all single Muslim men (living in the States) dying to meet a clean Muslim girl whom they're willing to make her the sultan of his house and mother of his kids.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jul 30, 2005 14:18

Asalamoalaikum!!
sister i totaly agree with u but in surah An noor it is "And say to the believing women tht they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; tht they should not display their beauty and ornaments expect what (must odinarly) appear there of.... " and similar to this is for men so what do u think if we keep ourslves in these boundries friendship btw male and female is possible and if it is then how many male muslimfriends Hazrat Fatima(MABPWH) had and how many muslim female friends Hazrat Ali(MABPWH) had?
Sorry if i said any thing tht offened u.And may Allah(SWT) forgive me if i said any thing wrong.
Take Care
My God bless all of us.

MJK
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jul 26, 2005 00:52

Asylum alikum, I think friendships can be built on strong foundations if you know your limits. Allah knows us best so he gives us clear guidelines about friendships between man and woman. Marriage is the only legitimate or halal way to indulge in intimacy between a man and a woman. There are no ifs buts or maybe. If you read Surat An Nisa (Women) you will find what is best for you. Do not confuse feelings of friendship to intimacy unless you and your friend are considering marriage. Allah always knows best even when we think we do. Do not be disheartned for Allah knows best for you. Seek always to please him and you will not lose your way.
May Allah guide you in your journey.