Muslim dating   FREE Sign up   Sign in   Search   Blog / Forum   Help / Faq  

Home > Muslim Forums > Message board > Why are we muslim..? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Why are we muslim..?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Sep 24, 2005 10:53

Assalamualaikum,

how many of us have asked the question why are we muslim..? how many of us have paused and wondered if we were born in a hindu or any other faith family would we still come to islam..?

just some food for thought...

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 14, 2006 14:34

wa aleykum selam

We are all born muslim. And if our parents teaches us otherwise the reason is that Allah tests us wether we are muslims or non-muslims everyone gets tested.

maybe you know the hadeeth about a jewish woman. She was a sinner, she went to a well and when she went inside the well to get water with her shoe it was warm that day and before she drank she saw a dog who was exhausted of the warmth, so she gave the dog water. she had mercy for the dog. Allah liked this deed so much so made her muslim thus she died muslim and entered paradise.
We cannot judge people we dont know if people say shahada or not at the last breath the keys to our hearts belong to Allah Ya Fattah (opener) Open our hearts for islam. Forgive us.(amin)

Have mercy and you will receive mercy.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Oct 18, 2005 03:20

yes, me too I found islam a few years ago and became a muslim 2 years ago.Thanks be to Allah for guiding me

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Oct 09, 2005 15:16

AllHamduriAllah, I have asked myself this question. And I am proud to say that I am not a muslim, just because my parents were muslim, but rather becasue i studied islam, and convinced myself that indeed islam is the true religion.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Oct 07, 2005 17:18

Salaam bro's

Well EASY answer as Allah says in Quran or was it a Hadith, not sure but everyone knows this 1 (or least you should do!)

"Those who he guides cannot go astray, and those who Allah leaves to stray can never be quided"

you look at sooo many muslims who follow nothing, look for a good muslim government in the world, look for sharia in the world, NOWHERE!! our so called muslim leaders are KAFIRS and worse then Sharon and Bush!!!! Nearly all of them!! as when the ruler of a country does not implement Sharia then they apostates immediately, we muslims by nature are lucky that we have been guided, but had we been in KUFR families then the chances are still the same of us doing as were doing.

Guidance is not from our actions but from Allah. regardless of religion, and i say this as our Masjib in coventry has SOOO many Revert brothers.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Sep 28, 2005 12:09

Asalaamu Alaikum,
This question has been posed to me hundreds of times. When I first heard the question, I was still in my "radical" stage. I always talked about the negative aspects of my upbringing and the lies that other religions pushed onto me. That was years ago. As time went on and my knowledge grew, a contentment grew. I started to realize that Allah(SWT) was the Maker and Guide to all of life. I'm pass the so-call fad days. There is "Preordainment". It was written in the Book that I will become Muslim. In fact, I was Muslim at birth, it just was that other religions were pushed on me in my childhood.
This is my first time answering a comment on the web and I hope it is sufficent. If anybody can expound and teach me more..... please do so.