Muslim dating   FREE Sign up   Sign in   Search   Blog / Forum   Help / Faq  

Home > Muslim Forums > Sisters looking for Sisters to talk too, not marriage > any other sister's who are taking their divorce difficult?? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
any other sister's who are taking their divorce difficult??
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jul 26, 2011 18:22

i am a sister who's took my recent divorce hard, and have been suffering ever since i found out my ex-husband has moved on and married a new wife. the problem is a still love, want, and desire him even more since we been apart. i never even wanted a divorce. so, i dont know what wrong with me because i am truly having trouble letting go & moving on!

Available only
to logged in members

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Aug 05, 2011 20:18

Ramadan Mubaarak Sister,
I was hurt badly by my previous muslim husband, when he just left with our daughter and left the country. That was 15 years ago! He was the love of my life, and our daughter was hurt also. It took 6 years to locate him (so I could find her), and when I finally got to ask him why he just left the way he did. It was a misunderstanding on his part, and he begged me to be his wife again. I was still in love with him, but I wasn't going to trust him again so I didn't take him back. He was not the muslim I thought he was!Time heals wounds sister, ask Allah (sws)to help you with letting go of him. Khadeejah

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jul 26, 2011 22:06

Salam aliykum dear sister,

I hope this finds you well. Please understand that nothing is wrong with you, everything happens for a reason. You deserve a partner who loves you and is committed to you equally as you are to him. Maybe your ex was not meant to be and God wiling you with find Mr Right for you soon. I am myself going through a separation and therefore divorce and still have feelings for my ex, but I realized he is not good for me and would do me more harm than good. Have faith in Allah and occupy your mind. Which is hard I know under these circumstances. You may find turning to your religion more may ease the sadness, it has helped me Thanks to Allah.

I hope I helped and not offended you in anyway. All the best.

Peace.