Muslim dating   FREE Sign up   Sign in   Search   Blog / Forum   Help / Faq  

Home > Muslim Forums > marriage > I am so interested in getting married Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
I am so interested in getting married
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jan 20, 2007 21:54

i think everyone thinks about marriage and how it's such a huge step but you have to be practical about it. i agree that education is super important. i mean i'm 18...sure marriage seems exciting and great but there things that i want to do. and i can do them and then think about marriage.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Mar 04, 2006 11:58

ASALMULIKUM..
brotha im samina n im new this web, but as i was readin every els's honest opinions
marrige might seem somethin interestin n somethin tht every1 want 2 do,take marrige as somethin tht has honest responsibilty.. im sur its a moment 2 celebrate but know tht is a moment tht lets u know tht have a hug responsibilty... n i can see u tht ur in da same age as me.. its funi hw u wana gett married so soon but my honest advice 2 u is tht take it step by step.. n remeber ALLAH IN EVERY STEP U TAKE.. inshallah u will not have anythin harmin u in any way..
i hope tht was a help.. im sur all thses adults said enuf good advices 2 u already..
ma salam
fiamaniallah
n kudahafiz..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 18, 2006 01:37

Salam to you brother,

You can never be really sure of how the other person feels unless you communicate honestly with each other and ask questions regarding the topics that you are not sure of. That is why getting to know each other is very important, whether it is an arranged marriage or not. This is where you look at the compatibility between two people and get to know what marriage means to each other and the expectations that you have of each other.

The most importnat things in marriage are commitment, trust, open communication and tolerance of each other and be patient with each other.

Wishing you all the best for your future.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 17, 2006 18:50

That's a million Dollars Question. The only one thing that i know for sure is there is nothing guaranteed. You don't have to worry about that from now.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 17, 2006 17:48

I know you need a job and a education i am getting all of that im not worried about that the thing is when you are going through the steps like engagement and then you have to sign the nikah what i want to know is how do you know if that person is commited.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 16, 2006 19:06

If you are a good Muslim then you should prioritize your needs, I assume at age 19, the top priority for the good Muslim is Education, after that you need a job where you can make the money that you need to protect your wife and family.

This is my honest opinion, I know that some people here do not agree and will bring their guns :)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 16, 2006 18:46

Yes i am a good muslim

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 15, 2006 17:32

Are you a good muslim?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 13, 2006 16:47

how does one person prepare for such a big step with so many things and they realize that but they go with it but they want to make the commitment and be happy with what they did

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 12, 2006 00:21

Salam to you brother
Marriage means commitments.
Getting along, gives & takes, understanding each other feelings and also respect each other opinions.
Arranged/Love marriage carries the same principles.
Hope you find the one and may Allah gives you strenght to face all the possibilities you might face in your next step in life.