Muslim dating   FREE Sign up   Sign in   Search   Blog / Forum   Help / Faq  

Home > Muslim Forums > Cultures and Education > Today?s Teenagers & Young adults Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Today?s Teenagers & Young adults
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 12, 2006 07:33

Asala-mu-alykum
I do dua you are all in the best of health.ameen
Your probably thinking what is there to talk about today?s youngsters but I tell you the generations is getting worse and worse..(Please do not get offended by this because I know all of them/us are not the same) I mean tell me what do we know about today?s youth?? Well that?s makes us think!! We know what is happening at schools, colleges, universities, other places youngsters meet yet we keep our ears close and our eyes shut and ignore but is happening is not right we need to help these youngsters so it will help them in the future and there can pass it on to they children.
You see alcohol and drugs are what seems to be so normal nowadays wherever you turn and wherever you go you here the same thing?it starts from an age which we see as appalling but we do not do anything about. The problems within our Muslim children are not getting any better but getting worse. going out, drinking, committing ? etc etc are so normal nowadays that everyone has got to do it to fit into the 21st century but that?s a load of ****. We need to educate our youngsters that Allah Talah has forbidden this and our shariah law does not allow this. Praying and remembering Allah does not fit into there busy lifestyles and religion is slipping away from there young minds. I think parents need to be more firm with there children and not allow them to stay out till late doing things that are forbidden. We need to control our youngsters better and educate them in the right way. We need to spend time with them and listen to them and inshallah Allah Talah will work his miracles.
May Allah Talah forgive us all, ameen.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Mar 10, 2008 18:37

i agree about the negative parenting but i wouldsay that there's more or less sometimes aswell, there could be a dad who himself has a girlfriend that the son(s) know about which will encourage them leaving the dad with nothing to discourage. on the other hand there are broken families that may well be livin together but the parents do not get along well enough and so lose faith in the kids and do not wish to bother about the kids.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jan 11, 2008 03:24

Greetings of peace

Acutally the materialist culture is lot to blame for this.

However i do see a positive awakening. In educated areas people are really coming to Islam by reading to Quran and understanding it, thus being held with higher moral superiority and firm beleif.

And yes parents should perhaps also be concerned more towards understanding and teaching of righteous conduct than academic success and rocketing careers.
What this naive culture does is that it curbs once understanding, insight and creativity (the doors towards a true wholesome education) and open the doors to sterotypical perceptions

greetings of peace.
Well i am new here and hope to have good time. ameen :)

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 03, 2007 10:54

A child's upbringing has everything to do with the development of their values and morals. This includes choosing the correct type of people they surround themself with. Parents need to teach them that they are judged according to their company. There is a saying, "Tell me who your friends are and I will tell you who you are."
Here in the US it seems that many are after the almighty dollar instead of the almighty himself. Women have chose to make their career priority instead of their family. I am not saying that a succesful woman is wrong but, this decision has left out the time for the teaching of family values. The divorce rate here is as high as the marriage rate. I feel this is due to the lack of care directed towards the husband and vice-versa. Many men here have lost their role in the family. He is no longer the head of the family, he is just a part of the family. This leads to increased frustration, tension, and anger. Many families here do not even sit down together for dinner. All of this leads to what I will call the abandonment of the family. If the children are not receiving love and attention at home they will look to others to obtain it.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Aug 13, 2006 09:56

i agree with broth abd...i have 7 children of my own allahamdulliah I'm proud to say that unlike other ppls children my children do respect their elders..they do understand their religion...I'm not at the moment a qualified person to sat the least but i do read books on Islamic...I'm a first year student on BA hons in Islamic studies...I am at the moment reading the seera of the holy prophet [peace be upon him]...unfortunately i have friends n family members who feel that they are Muslim but when it comes to teaching their children their attitude is different..4EG..some boyz have girlfriends and the parents think its cool...boyz hang late out at night n its OK for parents to think that...most parent wouldn't even follow up where there children are gone

i can remember when i was young.. my mom said be home by 8pm me n my bros were out playing [i was 14yrs old] we forgot about the time n only remembered it when we saw our mom coming with a rolling pin.

my sis sons are both in to drugs coz both parents are not into Islam...unfortunately same with my step bros...

i thank Allah subhanwtallah that I'm into all this...probably that's why my children are

i agree that some parents are into it but their children are not..something has to have went wrong somewhere for them to turn out like that.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jun 23, 2006 01:32

Salaam-O-Alaikum,
I really appreciate the way you think & the way you reply with beautiful words. One must find himself/herself first. No love, no sincerity & no truth can be find if you fail to find a true person always knock inside you to wake you up towards the true ways but you never try to hear this knock, without knowing ourselves, we r quality less. I wish you to kindly reply me. take care...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, May 08, 2006 19:15

ShelBel write:
I disagree with your comments to blame the parents if the children turn out and do wrong. I think a child brought up in westernised surroundings may grow up and grow out of islam due to the society around them, their friends may be english and these young muslims too will want to do english things no matter how much their parents try and stop them. living in the Uk, parents have no control of their kids, the country is behind kids born here and not their parents born in muslim countries and eventually generations will lose faith as time goes by.

Shellbel, Allah makes the parents accountable and on the judgement day and the children will curse their parents and blame them for not teaching them islam. A mothers place in islam is to teach the children the rules and proper behavior.A child is innocent at birth till it comes to puberty then it is accountable for his/hers own actions. Our prophet(saws) said teach the children how to pray and at certain age punish them(this is not meant psychaly persee)If islamic values are not put on a child then it doesnot matter where the child lives either in USA or in Arabia he will be a big sinner. If we teach our children Allah and the prophet Muhammad(saws) then they choose yet know all they need. "We cannot save our children from the hell-fire but we can save them from the fires on earth".
If a tree is healthy it produces nice fruits but a sick tree dont bare good fruits.If we have Taqwa (fear Allah) and thought our children all that was required then it is good. Then the parents are not to blame if the child ends up a person who will be a loser in the here-after.Allah knows best

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 15, 2006 08:26

I disagree with your comments to blame the parents if the children turn out and do wrong. I think a child brought up in westernised surroundings may grow up and grow out of islam due to the society around them, their friends may be english and these young muslims too will want to do english things no matter how much their parents try and stop them. living in the Uk, parents have no control of their kids, the country is behind kids born here and not their parents born in muslim countries and eventually generations will lose faith as time goes by.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 14, 2006 11:36

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

I agree with you sister. The problem lies at first with upbringing. parents are responsible for their children. also when the small ones disrespect the elders this is a sign of the Hour(Qiyamah)

parents dont live Islam, so Allah punishes them with their children. So now you have lots of households which dont live up to Allah's rules. In there houses is fire. then these households form community. this community is on fire. The communities form society. Society full of fire everywhere burning.
Until the leader of the Muslims The awaited "Mahdi" appears. Then it will change. For us we have to ask ourselves do we pray and if we do do we pray out of love for Allah and do we follow Islam. If yes you are saved if no. No1 can help you. For info about Mahdi look at www.harunyahya.com " Mahdi and the end of times. May Allah have mercy upon us all and forgive us.(amin)