Allaah says: "And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope of Allaah (i.e., this Qur'an), and be not divided among yourselves." Surah Aali-
2. And He says: "And do not be among the polytheists. Of those who split up their religion and became sects, each sect rejoicing in that which is with it." Surat-ur-Room [30:31-32]
3. The Messenger of Allaah said: "I counsel you to have Taqwaa of Allaah and to hear and obey, even if an Abyssinian slave were to command you. For, verily, whoever amongst you lives (to grown old), he will see many differences. So stick to my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the rightly guided khaleefahs. Cling tightly onto it and hold onto it with your molar teeth. And beware of newly invented matters. For, indeed, every newly invented matter is an innovation, and every innovation is a thing that leads astray, and everything that leads astray is in the Hellfire."
4. And he also said: "Indeed those from before you from the People of the Book divided into seventy-two groups. And, indeed, this group (Muslims) will divide into seventy-three. Seventy-two groups will be in the Hellfire and one of them will be in Paradise. And it is the Jamaa'ah (group)."
And in another narration, he said: "Everyone of them in the Hellfire, except for one group that which I and my companions are upon."
5. Ibn Mas'ood said: "The Messenger of Allaah drew a line for us and then said: 'This is the Straight Path of Allaah.' And he drew lines on the left and right of it, and then said: 'These are paths of which there is not one except that there is a devil upon it calling towards it.' Then he recited the statements of Allaah 'And verily, this is My Straight Path, so follow it, and do not follow (other) paths for they will separate you away from His path."
6. Shaikh ' Abd-ul-Qaadir Al-Jeelaanee Rahimahullaah said: "As for the saved sect, then they are the Ahl-us-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah. And there is no name for Ahl-us-Sunnah except for one and that is Ashaab-ul-hadeeth (those who stick to the hadeeth)."
7, Allaah, has commanded us to hold tightly onto the Glorious Qur'an, and to not be like the polytheists who divide their religion into sects and parties. And the honorable Messenger has informed us that the Jews and the Christians have divided into many sects, and that the Muslims will divide into more sects than them. And that these groups will subjected to the entrance into the Hellfire due to their deviation and their distancing away from the Book of their Lord and Sunnah of their Prophet. He also informed us that one saved sect from among them will enter Paradise, and it is the Jamaa'ah (group), those who cling tightly onto the book of Allaah and the authentic Sunnah, and the actions of the companions of the Messenger of Allaah.
O Allaah! Make us from among the people of the Saved Sect and give victory to the Muslims so that they may be from among them.