Muslim dating   FREE Sign up   Sign in   Search   Blog / Forum   Help / Faq  

Home > Muslim Forums > relationship > I HAVE A QUESTION FOR EVERYBODY.............. Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
I HAVE A QUESTION FOR EVERYBODY..............
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Sep 09, 2006 01:10

ASSALAAMU ALAIKUM, MY QUESTION IS , WHAT IS LOVE , EVERYBODY TALKS ABOUT IT AS IF U KNOW WHAT LOVE IS , PLEASE ISHALLAH SOME BODY ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT IS LOVE ... THANK U MAY ALLAH BE PLEASED WITH US ..AMEEN .

Available only
to logged in members

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 27, 2008 11:07

Love is natural.... there are different types of love but the most grearest is the love of Allah to all.... in the sunnah it is said tha prophet Mohammed (S.A.W)said the order you should love is... from the top to the bottom Allah (S.W.A),Prophet Mohammed (S.A.W)then the rest....

in life you will find different types of love, i loved truely but in return all i got was heartache, mistreatment,lies,sorrow, constant crying.but my love also made me get my son whom i found out i have a different kind of love for him, love so strong....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Aug 23, 2008 05:44

Love is not a natural emotion, it is learnt from our environment. We have to receive love in order to recognise it. A child who is unloved will grow up without it, and will have problems forming long lasting relationships. Children who are mistreated, will inevitably mistreat their own children. The love we receive from our parents will remain with us for life, and we love them in return for the rest of their days. The love we see between our parents and the families of our siblings, will influence how we will ultimately love our own partner. The love of Allah should be the most natural when knowing we are loved by Him.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, May 19, 2007 09:24

Salam bro,

I don't know if I am good enough to speak about love, but I try to.

Love has cost me a big price. For love I gave up my friends, family and oppurtunity for good education (in time before I found Allah). I gave this all away because I loved one guy. It was hard, but it gave me a lot. I worked a lot to get us a better life. I had before a lot of dreams, but if I wanted to gave him happiness, so I had to let them go.
Finally this guy broke my heart. He took everything and left me nothing to hold on to.. Now I see that was not real love. In real love there should two persons who love each others as well. But because of this what happened I found Islam. I hope that I will find the real love.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 21, 2007 11:40

Assalaam Aleykum Warahmatullah,

Love is mahabbah in Arabic, Love is there or has to be there in every stage of our life. We have to love our parents, and we have to obey them as well, we have to love our children and sustain them, we have to love our wives/husband and be considerate and understand each other, and finally we have to love Allah, and we have to love our prophet Muhammad.

Love is affection, liking a person from your heart, you care for him and do something that is good for him/her. Of course eternal love is different,

I would like to mention some ahadiths, Prophet says Love Allah for creating and sustaining you and love me because of your love for Allah. In Qur-an when mentioning marriage he says and he made between yourselves Love (Mawaddah) and caring for each other.

Love differs when considering the partner whom you love, love for the parents is not the same as love for children, at the same time is not the same as for wife/husband and is not the same as for the prophet or for Allah.

Love is not blind, nor is it deaf, as we see in some movies or some western writers, if you love someone true love you will care for him, and you will try your level best to protect him from bad deeds, and from bad ending... If you love your wife but you cannot tell her to pray, then you don't love her... How can you accept your wife to go to Jahannam if you really love her and would like her to get good ending in Jannah as yourself ?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Sep 12, 2006 10:53

salaam bro, i think that ur poster sum s it all up..one has to love life n themselves in order to love the ppl around them..god fearing is definatley one of the requirments.