Muslim dating   FREE Sign up   Sign in   Search   Blog / Forum   Help / Faq  

Home > Muslim Forums > love > can we marry for love or do we marry for personal wealth Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
can we marry for love or do we marry for personal wealth
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Feb 21, 2006 13:02

personally i believe we should marry for love. i go for love. however there are many people that just want money and materialistic items..and those people end up alone in the end.
just look for someone that you love and that loves you, and take it from there.
you will know in time if what they want from you is love or money..

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Oct 06, 2006 09:19

marry for faith, as when you die your heart will have recorded to whom or what its most attached to if its someone or wealth allah will know.

there are rare few whose heart is attached to islam first and foremost, take our beloved prophet(peace be upon him) if he wanted he could have spent his life with all the gold or the pretiest women yet he lived and breathed his life for allah, he was exampt from all sins yet he made full effort to make his creator happy his love for allah(swt) was more then his love for any of his wives and he married as well for the sake of allah, just read the hadiths and youl wake up, modern day loves a load of bull, people go through x amount of partners to find the one had they not been patient allah(swt) would give them what is due in time, remember patience is a big part of islam!!!!!!!!!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Mar 10, 2006 20:58

Bosnian83 write:
Hmm NO OFFENSE to anyone but as a non-Arab it definately seems to me that Muslims in some parts of the world are very wealth-materialistic oriented when it comes to marriage. I have met some Arabic and Persian people and whenever the issue was discussed I developed a sense that there is a great deal of importance placed on status of an individual.

Even here on a web site, you can see how some people point out that they are doctors:):) or engineers etc etc I highly doubt that it is coincidence!

well i agree with u on tht, n LOV ISNT REALLY ABT WEALTH.. i rather marry a poor guy with nothin.. only ALlah givs n takes...
ma salam

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 07, 2006 08:26

well the only people that you will offend are the people that just care about money.
i think money should not matter, maybe people just put that they are docotrs because it asks about your job...
not because they just want someone to like them for thier money.
money is nothing..and to the people that are just looking for money in the end they will be left with nothing.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Mar 06, 2006 06:37

Hmm NO OFFENSE to anyone but as a non-Arab it definately seems to me that Muslims in some parts of the world are very wealth-materialistic oriented when it comes to marriage. I have met some Arabic and Persian people and whenever the issue was discussed I developed a sense that there is a great deal of importance placed on status of an individual.

Even here on a web site, you can see how some people point out that they are doctors:):) or engineers etc etc I highly doubt that it is coincidence!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 19, 2006 10:59

I'm a Arab man Yemeni thanks to Allah I'm still alive.

well my ? is do we marry for love or for wealth and by that i mean the Muslim marriage the gold the house all the things we HAVE to buy just to get married i been thru this not married but i was going to but the family asked to much of me so that is why i ask what is more important wealth or love.

Available only
to logged in members