Muslim dating   FREE Sign up   Sign in   Search   Blog / Forum   Help / Faq  

Home > Muslim Forums > Religion > THE PROPHET MUHAMMAD'S PBUH LAST SERMON Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
THE PROPHET MUHAMMAD'S PBUH LAST SERMON
Author
s24
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 02, 2005 06:19

Bismillah

THE PROPHET MUHAMMAD'S LAST SERMON
(This Sermon was delivered on the Ninth Day of Dhul Hijjah 10 A.H in the Uranah Valley of mount Arafat ) Note: Found on the Net, but without source or copyright information. Please contact halsall@muray.fordham.edu if you have information
"O People, lend me an attentive ear, for I don't know whether, after this year, I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore listen to what I am saying to you carefully and TAKE THIS WORDS TO THOSE WHO COULD NOT BE PRESENT HERE TODAY.

O People, just as you regard this month, this day, this city as Sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners. Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you. Remember that you will indeed meet your LORD, and that HE will indeed reckon your deeds. ALLAH has forbidden you to take usury (Interest), therefore all interest obligation shall henceforth be waived...

Beware of Satan, for your safety of your religion. He has lost all hope that he will ever be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of following him in small things.

O People, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women, but they also have right over you. If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Do treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and comitted helpers. And it is your right that they do not make friends with any one of whom you do not approve, as well as never to commit adultery.

O People, listen to me in earnest, whorship ALLAH, say your five daily prayers (Salah), fast during the month of Ramadhan, and give your wealth in Zakat. Perform Hajj if you can afford to. You know that every Muslim is the brother of another Muslim. YOU ARE ALL EQUAL. NOBODY HAS SUPERIORITY OVER OTHER EXCEPT BY PIETY AND GOOD ACTION.

Remember, one day you will appear before ALLAH and answer f...

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 30, 2005 02:35

u hv done a great job...But this is not delivered to recite. You are doing the second thing i mean to posting it to others who were not there in those days...am i write. The thing is that upto how much we are doing the things according to that speach.. HE said there is no God but ALLAH. What u think, are we firm on that.. arnt we bagging for our living from others, ant we are just shooting towards those who are capturing more then 80% food and other necessory thing for living in there lockers(Nestley has the stock to feed all the africa for one whole year), arnt we are just obying the one who is terrorist( america is yet in afghanistan and iraq), are we made others as god to us(more then 35 muslin countries are fed by world bank etc) arent we are slaves of other people then ALLAH(World bank makes the major policies who effect our country,Pakistan in a great deal, even petro and dielsel rates), Arent we obsever SOOD in the shape of different tyepes of intrests, arent we behave with servents like ignorents..... hvnot we helped the people who just crushed the poople in our neibours(afghanistan)havnot we shaked hand with the troops who destroied our fellows(iraq),arent we living in a state where nothing, i repeat NOTHING is going according to the great way of living "ISLAM"...
this is a fact, please dont mind, but try to follow the actuall preaching of islam (Reference, Is islam spread with SWORD, in

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 11, 2005 14:27

OH MY DEAR MUSLIM BROTHERS AND SISTERS. I M SERVING IN UNITED NATION RIGHT NOW. WITH MORE NUMBER OF NON MUSLIMS THAN MUSLIMS. ONCE I TALK AND CONVEY GREAT MESSAGES TO NON MUSLIMS. THEY LISTEN IT VERY CAREFULLY AND ADMIRE IT.
BUT AT THE END THEY JUST ASK ME ONE SIMPLE QUESTION, WHERE SHOULD WE FIND SUCH KIND OF MUSLIM(PEOPLE) AND DO U BELIEVE THAT THERE R MULISMS THEY WAY U DEFINE US.
RATHER THEY SAY, WHAT V C ABOUT MUSLIMS IS DIFFERENT FROM WHAT U SAY.
I ALWAYS FEEL VERY ASHAMED AND TRY AND CONVINCE WITH LOGIC TO THEM ABOUT THE LIMITATION OF CURRENT TIME. BUT IT IS FOR ALL OF US TO PLZ REMEMBER V R MUSLIMS AND WHAT IT ACTUALLY TEACHES US TO TAKE FULL ADVANTAGE OF IT IN THIS LIFE AND LIFE HEREAFTER. ISLAM IS GREAT AND ITS FOLLOWERS THAT IS V ALL NEED A DIRECTION FOR OURSELVES.
PLZ LOOK INTO THIS PATH AND LIGHT IT UP FOR EVERY MUSLIM FIRST AND THAN AS WELL AS FOR NON MUSLIM