Muslim dating   FREE Sign up   Sign in   Search   Blog / Forum   Help / Faq  

Home > Muslim Forums > marriage > Why do so many girls dont have a photo? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Why do so many girls dont have a photo?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Dec 20, 2009 13:18

Selamaleykum everyone,

I am new to this site but I am registered on several other muslim marriage sites and there is one thing that caught my eyes:

About 90% of all girls who want to marry dont have a photo of themselves!
And of course, it is not different here either.
Now, I understand that these girls dont want to reveal their face to everyone but then I ask myself how should all the men here know if one of these girls suit them? Of course, its possible to know that afterwards but we all know that all these sites charge some money.

So, what do you girls exepct us to do? Pay the money to see afterwards that you are not our type? I think it wont work this way and its also not fair to expect this from us men. Because we dont have a money machine at home.

Please consider this matter, its important. Because I would never wink or email a girl of whom I dont know how she looks like. No one would do it. And I also dont reply back to girls who have sent me a wink or a message when I cant see the face who have initiated this!

Ok, now its your turn, dear sisters of islam, tell us what keeps you away from putting a picture of you.

Wesselam

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jun 13, 2011 02:35

I haven't been to this site for years and just logged on. When I first joined this site I did put pictures but I wasn't looking for marriage so I didn't mind as it was a "muslim" site.

I think I wouldn't put now because I don't want others I know to see me. People like their privacy and in these sites it's a small world there is nothing to hide even friends or relatives around the world can see you. For example I know a friend who goes to these marriage sites like single Muslim and she discovers people we know and she tells me they are on the website - I know if it was me - I wouldn't like this "gossip"

You can't change this and I guess the only thing to do is take advantage of it to look at the profile or character ... otherwise I guess you just have to go with the photos you see only.

Also they have marriage events so I guess you can attend these then you can see them.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jan 08, 2011 23:49

I believe many girls do not wish to put up their photos because what they seek from men is sincerity.

Some men tend to judge women by the way they look.

Personally for me, I hope a man would come up to me, we make friends, get to know each other’s similarity & differences…… If we can hit off well as friends, then yes, maybe we could exchange photographs or something….

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jan 29, 2010 20:44

Assalamaleykum I disagree I have foto on my profile cuz :)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jan 29, 2010 01:07

totally agree with you uche arif

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 24, 2010 04:11

Hi Bro,

I think you're conclution isnt 100% right.. ;)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 22, 2009 15:01

yes, you are right, but its not easy to say to the girl "sorry, you are not my type" for the case I dont like the girl.

the other bigger problem is that most of these marriage sites are charging money! So, I first have to pay to see afterwards that this girl is probably not my type. I think you girls know that and you have to rethink this matter because as I said before, we do not have a money machine at home. If you have one, could you please build me one too?

Wesselam